The Dartmoor Marathon
The Dartmoor Marathon is a classic running race! See Dartmoor through the varied and challenging marathon route, a unique Trail/Mountain/Fell running event in the South West. WITHOUT the need for navigational ability - this is a fully signed route through Southern Englands largest open space!
The Dartmoor Marathon starts by winding along the picturesque East Okement River, ascending via flowing trails onto the high moorland and has some open hillside descents, stream crossings and big climbs! The race route is over some of the highest ground in the south of England, and takes in the highest points of Northern Dartmoor in a signed and supported race unlike any other. Trails and climbs are often followed by open hillside/sheep trod descents, giving the Dartmoor Marathon a wild, fell running feel compared with other 'Trail' races.
- 26.5 mile scenic, varied and challenging route
- 1600m + total ascent
- FULLY SIGNED ROUTE - 1000 ROUTE MARKINGS USED IN 2017 EVENT!!!
- Mix of Trail and wild open hillside route
- Ascents of Yes Tor and High Willhays, the highest points in Southern England
- 4 Checkpoints with shelter, food and water. In 2018 THIS RACE IS CUPLESS - see here
- Free, safe car parking on site
- Camping available for Friday and Saturday
- Licensed Bar for after party on Saturday night!
- Excellent prizes from top clothing brand Aussie Grit Apparel for the podium positions!
When - Saturday 1st September 2018. Race start 10.30 am.
Where - OCRA Pavilion, in Okehampton College grounds, EX20 1PW
Who - ANYONE! If you can keep to a walking pace of 2.5 miles an hour you can come and do it! It is a great route to race or to be enjoyed in a more relaxed way as a big supported day walk on Dartmoor! We are very happy if you wish to walk it and take circa 10 hours! Dogs are not allowed.
Cut Offs - The race cut-off is midnight.
There is a mandatory kit list for the event. This and other important information is found on the Marathon Race Information pages.
Included - T-shirt* for all starters, medal for all finishers. Fully signed and supported route. Event Medics. Sweeper Runner. Bespoke Trophies for first 3 males and first 3 females. Event route map. *Order a size bigger than you would normally take - the T shirts can come up slightly small.
ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY - ENTRIES CLOSE ON SUNDAY 19TH AUGUST 2018, AT 8 PM.
In the event of withdrawal there is a 50% refund until 1st August. After this date there are no refunds or substitutions for this years event, places can be deferred to the next years race until the close date for entries of the current event.