The Dartmoor 50 Ultra
The Dartmoor 50 mile Ultra Marathon Trail race goes over the highest ground in southern England, and takes in most of the hill tops of Northern Dartmoor WITHOUT the need for navigational ability - this is a fully signed running event through Southern Englands largest open space!
Dartmoor 50 winner Sarah Burns Morwoods blog of her 2017 race (8.36 CR!)
At times the running is straight forward in the Dartmoor 50, along high ridgelines of Granite Tors, dropping to cross streams and rivers at the valley bottom. Though it is often followed by challenging ascents back to the hill tops, there are rewards of long, hanging downhills, often taking direct lines off the hill to give the route a fell running feel, taking runners across open hillside to link up with other paths and trails, giving the Dartmoor 50 a unique feel for a trail ultra race.
- 50 mile route over the highest ground of southern England
- 3100m + Total ascent taking in 34 Hill tops and Tors
- FULLY SIGNED ROUTE - 1000 ROUTE MARKINGS USED IN 2017 EVENT!!!
- Mix of Trail and wild open hillside route
- Ascents of Yes Tor and High Willhays, the highest points in Southern England
- 5 Checkpoints with shelter, food and water. In 2018 THIS RACE IS CUPLESS - see here
- Drop Bags at 8 and 23 miles
- Free, safe car parking on site
- Camping available for Friday and Saturday
- Licensed Bar with music for afterparty on Saturday night
- Excellent prizes from top clothing brand Aussie Grit Apparel for the podium positions!
When - Saturday 1st September 2018. Race start 6 am.
Where - OCRA Pavilion, in Okehampton College grounds, EX20 1PW
Who - The Dartmoor 50 is a tough endurance challenge and with the nature of the route and location a level of self sufficiency and ability will be required to complete it. We strongly recommend participants to have done at least a marathon distance, though we will welcome anyone who wishes to start and give it a try; there are no minimum entry requirements and we will support you with well stocked checkpoints at an average of 9 miles. Dogs are not allowed.
Cut Offs - The race cut-off is midnight. This gives 18 hours to complete the Dartmoor 50 - meaning an average pace of 2.8mph / 22min/mile will be successful. There is one cut off point on the course, details of which are within the detailed information pages. The race cut offs have been set to allow participants to walk the whole thing and finish.
There is a mandatory kit list for the event. This and other important information is found on the Dartmoor 50 Race Information page.
Included - T shirt* for all starters, medal for all finishers. Fully signed and supported route. Event route map. Event Medics. Sweeper Runner. Bespoke Trophies for first 3 males and first 3 females. *Order a size bigger than you would normally take - the T shirts can come up slightly small.
ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY - ENTRIES CLOSE ON SUNDAY 19TH AUGUST 2018, AT 10PM.
In the event of withdrawal there is a 50% refund until 1st August. After this date there are no refunds or substitutions for this years event, places can be deferred to the next year's race at anytime up to 48 hrs before.